** IALI Celebrates 40 years! **
Dear IALI Members and Friends,
Together with my Executive Council at India Association of Long Island (IALI), I am proud to celebrate 40th Anniversary of IALI this year!
I am humbled, honored and privileged to assume the role of President of IALI for 2018, and am deeply grateful to my predecessors, for their leadership and outstanding contributions to this wonderful organization during their presidency. I am inspired by their commitment to IALI and all of their achievements. Indeed, the growth of IALI has been propelled collectively by all the past presidents and past members of the IALI.
I look forward to continuing this important work towards fulfilling the mission of IALI.
This year, IALI is celebrating 40 years as an organization (1978-2018) and has a long list of achievements. IALI has expanded to be the largest and one of the oldest organizations on Long Island and continues to grow.
I will work to promote our culture, traditions and serve the community and advocacy on this theme, reaching out to our members and other organizations. The following several key elements will drive my efforts:
Communicate & collaborate
- Enhance communication with members by e-mail, whatsapp, social media
- Updating the website to be current
- Participate in charitable projects to give back to our community
- Work with other more mainstream non-Indian organizations
Innovate & strive for excellence
- This year we started The Child Enrichment Program. The program’s goal is to help children build a healthy spirit, mind and body and will focus on two things:
- Learning with fun activities (Ages 4 to 13)
- Helping students with homework (Grades 4 to 8)
- Expand and revive IALI Forum programs for women, seniors and youth
- Bringing back IndiaFest, our flagship event, as an outdoor event [Save the date: Sunday, September 30, 2018 at Bar Beach, Long Island]
- Create IALI e-newsletter to keep the members informed of the association’s activities by eliminating the expense of mailing and be green
- Organize and hold seminars on topics of interest such as medical, social, and current affairs
- Aim to continuously upgrade the quality of our events
Call to Action
- Reaching out to members to stay engaged with your association, support by attending the events
- Reach out to your family and friends and grow our IALI family
Commemorate & celebrate
- Celebrate 40 years of IALI – Annual Fund Raising Luncheon Gala [Save the date: Saturday, June 30 at Leonard’s Palazzo, Great Neck, Long Island]
If there is anything that the executive council and I can do to serve you better, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Looking forward to a fantastic and exciting year together!
In friendship and with warm regards,
Gunjan P. Rastogi
India Association of Long Island