Good Morning, Namaskar, Pranaam, Sat-Sri-Akal,
I am honored and privileged to serve as the 28th President of India Association of Long Island. I take this opportunity to thank all those who made an unprecedented landslide (72%) victory for me possible this election through their unconditional love and unwavering support.
I am very fortunate to have a dynamic and hardworking team of Executive, Standing and Ad-hoc committee members this year. With their support, I am confident that I will reach my goal for 2017. Together we will take IALI to the next level.
During my election campaign, I received many constructive suggestions from the members and well-wishers of our Organization. Accordingly, I have made some changes this year. As you know IALI’s mission is to promote culture and rich heritage of India. Therefore, we will continue the prior IALI events that the former Presidents have conceived and successfully carried on for many years. There will be some exciting additions as well. The biggest and unique event will be the Independence Day Celebration on July 4, with the participation of many ethnic groups, whose amalgamation makes this country a melting pot. These diverse ethnic groups will showcase their culture and will give a unique international color to the Independence celebration of the country of our adoption.
Following are the events and celebrations for 2017:
- India’s Republic Day Celebration – Jan 10 @ Town of North Hempstead and Jan 26 & 31– Flag Hoisting and Cultural program at Town of Hempstead.
- Delegation to Albany – Feb 13
- Holi – March 19, at Antun’s, Hicksville, from 12 noon to 4pm.
- Baisakhi Cruise – April – ( TBD )
- Asian Heritage Month – Nassau County – May 12.
- Asian American Festival by Town of North Hempstead – May 20.
- Annual Fund Raising Gala Dinner – June 4
- Independence Day of our adopted land – July 4
- Annual Picnic – July 23 at Eisenhower park
- Independence day of India – August ( TBD )
- India Fest – August ( TBD )
- Garba Dance – Sept (TBD )
- Diwali – Oct ( TBD )
- Children’s Day – November ( TBD )
- Annual General Body Meeting – December ( TBD )
In addition to this, we would like to increase the participation in our monthly forums like Senior, Women’s, Youth, Sangeet and Sports Forum. Our Community Outreach, Community Project and Community Development Forums will be busy with their respective activities throughout the year.
We will work with utmost professionalism and promote harmonious relation among the members. I humbly request every one of you to come forward and be a part of all our activities and encourage others to become a member of IALI.
The biggest challenge I am facing this year is updating our membership lists. I need all of your help to complete this task. If you know any of your friend’s address is not correct please help us to update the same.